SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT AND DISTRIBUTION
• Each scholarship award amount is $1,000
• A scholarship recipient is not eligible to re-apply for PGC Scholarship, if they have already received one.
• Scholarship awards will be announced in the month of July.
• Awards will be made directly to the applicants for the upcoming academic year upon verification of enrollment in either a certificate or degree program in Fire Science or EMT School.
• Applicants must be a LPFD Explorer or a child of a current or former LPFD Firefighter or EMT.
• Available to high school seniors / graduates and college students enrolled in Fire Science or EMT programs.
• Must have a 3.0 GPA during senior year of high school / current college transcript.
Applicants will be assessed and selected based on the following criteria:
• All information provided in the application
• Transcripts of grades and supporting documents for college/EMT school
• A thoughtful and compelling essay